The Unplanned Trip of 2021

Always expect the unexpected and trust the Almighty.

It was the first week of August 2021 and I was busy with my daily internship task. And one fine night while I was, as usual, discussing trains with my friends over Whatsapp and dropped a message all at once "Mata ne bulaya hai" and then came a reply from one of my oldest railfan friends "Kab chalna hai?". "Next week?" I said. "Done" another reply from him. It was a sudden plan and all we had was just a week. The very next day we booked our tickets, hotel, and yatra parchi. The tickets were later confirmed by one of our very close officials as there was a very huge waitlist.

It was a sudden trip and the adrenaline rush to visit the holy shrine after almost 10 years left no space for me to sleep during that period. We reached Jammu & Kashmir, took some rest and the next day continued our 20kms trek to the holy shrine. We completed the trek in 10hrs, had a smooth darshan of the shrine, and returned late at night. We returned back home the very next day, it was a very short sudden trip worth enjoying.

The story does not end here, during this time we used to call each other to keep her updated about all the happenings. She assured me to accompany me to the darshan of the holy shrine during the next visit and I actually wanted to visit the shrine with her. But to make her happy, I was planning a trip to Dehradun in September end or October 2021. After returning back from Jammu & Kashmir, I discussed with my brother about the Dehradun trip with my elder brother as I knew very well that only he can convince my parents, which he actually did.

I booked the tickets to Dehradun for October first week. She was very excited about this trip but never showed as always. Another trip and another adventure await in the next part.

---------------------------------------- xxx -----------------------------------
       PANDA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Lover in Her Eyes.....

It all started with a call...

The Memorable Trip of 2021